All exTables cloud databases are based on SQL Azure Standard with a retention time of 35 days.
Databases have a Point-in-time backup so databases can be restored to a certain point in time for the past 35 days in the event of a Disaster.
If needed backup can be transferred to a blob storage for a longer retention period of up to 10 years.
Requesting a Restore
If a restore of a exTables database is needed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject:
EXTABLES RESTORE REQUEST <ACCOUNT NAME> with a point in time to restore to. If the request is urgent and should get the highest priority
please add URGENT to the subject.
Following are procedures for Expectus Support personnel to perform a Point-In-Time restoration:
1. Log Into AZURE PORTAL
2. Open SQL databases and locate the database with name specified in customer request ticket.
3. Open the database administration page
4. Click on Restore
- Select a restore Date and Time
- Choose a database name with a databasename and time of restore point.
- Click on OK.
5. Now Azure should perform a backup and you should be notified if the restore is successful or not.
6. Log into database using SQL Server Management Studio.
7. Rename the current database to <databasename>_old_<restore_date> i.e exTablesCustomer1_old_2019-03-12
8. Rename the restored database exTablesCustomer1_2019-03-12T17-41Z to exTablesCustomer1
9. Test logging into exTables through the exTables Client.
10. Notify customer of completed restore.
Procedure updated 12.3.2019 by Kristinn Már Magnússon